Naha, Okinawa Climate & Temperature
- Naha, Okinawa, Japan is at 26°12'N, 127°41'E, 50 m (164 ft). See map.
- Naha, Okinawa has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- The average annual temperature is 22.4 degrees Celsius (72.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12.3 °C (22.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 19.4°C (66.9°F) on average falling to 14.4°C (57.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 23.7°C (74.7°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 18.6°C (65.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 30.2°C (86.4°F) and average low temperatures are 25.4°C (77.7°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 27°C (80.7°F) during the day and lows of 22.1°C (71.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2036.8 mm (80.2 inches) which is equivalent to 2036.8 Litres/m² (49.96 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2066 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Naha, Okinawa you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Chapeco, Brazil where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Naha, Okinawa Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Naha, Okinawa Climate Graph in Metric Units
Naha, Okinawa Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Naha, Okinawa, Japan Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Akune, Japan - 692.2 kms (430.2 miles) NNE
- Miyakonojo, Japan - 697.2 kms (433.2 miles) NNE
- Aburatsu, Japan - 698.4 kms (434 miles) NNE
- Kagoshima, Japan - 656.6 kms (408 miles) NNE
- Makurazaki, Japan - 617.5 kms (383.7 miles) NNE
- Tanegashima, Japan - 596 kms (370.3 miles) NNE
- Yakushima, Japan - 548.4 kms (340.8 miles) NNE
- Naze, Japan - 301.1 kms (187.1 miles) NE
- Okinoerabu, Japan - 169.4 kms (105.3 miles) NE
- Nago, Japan - 51.8 kms (32.2 miles) NNE
- Minamidaitojima, Japan - 356.8 kms (221.7 miles) E